You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Ford Puma Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

e3silversurfer

Unregistered

Monday, June 15th 2009, 4:18pm

HELLA Lamp Modules

Hi everyone, I am looking to modify my rear tail lights to something like this:

I managed to find the parts off ebay and was wondering if anyone could direct me to a "how to section" on these??? I am not sure how to get the lamp modules onto the tail lamp itself and would like to see if there is any article about them.
thanks in advance guys :)
the lamp modules i found in UK:

regards,
Elvin

Black-ST

Unregistered

Monday, June 15th 2009, 6:05pm

Unfortunately, there ist no "how-to-do" guide to such project. However, you find all information about these kind of taillights here: LED-Ring Heckleuchten

Of course, in German ;) . But it seems that you understand our language, because you have chosen the right category for your topic. Very commendable :thumbup: .
The picture you have posted shows a unique construction from one of our members. Usually, the Hella LED module is only used as the middle part.

SpeedyBoo

Administrator

• "SpeedyBoo" is male

Monday, June 15th 2009, 7:09pm

I think the photo is taken from pumichs tail lights, he modded it as seen. He has made some pictures of the modding and shows them on his homepage. Here is the link http://www.psgefluester.de/puma08.htm
Keep Racing SpeedyBoo
(offizielles Mitglied der ST155-Familie seit 18.12.2008!)
Eine Katze in Handschuhen fängt keine Mäuse. (Benjamin Franklin)
Das Leben und dazu eine Katze, das gibt eine unglaubliche Summe. (Rainer Maria Rilke)
Piss' mir an's Bein, dann werden wir ja sehen, wer auf den Bürgersteig scheisst ... (Direktorin Hennessy, Death Race)

Black-ST

Unregistered

Monday, June 15th 2009, 7:23pm

Wow, die Anleitung kannte ich gar nicht :)

pumich

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 2:41am

offtopic offtopic

Auf dieser Seite gibt´s noch mehr Anleitung wie man sich was zu recht fuschen kan :D ... am besten find ich diese hier

e3silversurfer

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 11:01am

Thank for all the help :)

I can guess the meaning of certain words here in the forum. those that i do not know, I will just use an online dictionary :)

@pumich

I have did a little research into the tail lights and my conclusion is that the entire black bulb holder area behind the lamp needs to be cut out before the ring can be installed. I think I will only do the middle ring as I am not keen on using fibre glass and resin (makes quite a mess and smells :P)

@ALL

will keep you guys updated on my mod :) hopefully it works. thanks for all the support and welcome :)